TABLE OF CONTENTS
Spirit of the Policy
In an effort to prevent criminal activity on Medal which can harm people or businesses, we remove content and enforce on behaviors which intend to defraud third parties. We do not allow activities on the platform which aim to deprive people of money and/or property through means of deceptive individual and/or coordinated efforts. However, we allow people to raise awareness and educate others as well as condemn these activities using our platform.
Principles and Rational
We recognize Medal as a social media platform where people may use many different channels such as our application or Discord to discuss or draw attention to fraud or deception that they may have seen or experience on the internet. In an attempt to create a safe space where this conversation can happen while promoting a safe environment for our users, we remove content that attempts to deceive our users or attempts to defraud them. Additionally, we do not allow users to discuss or coordinate cyber attacks against individuals or companies through Medal. We do this to avoid facilitating illegal activities as well as keep our userbase safe. Please reach out to the support team or report this content if you feel you have witnessed or been a part of it.
The goal of our Community Standards is to encourage expression and create a safe environment for our users.
Safety is an essential factor in community building. At Medal, we are dedicated to removing content that encourages or causes real-world harm, including (but not limited to) physical, emotional, or financial injury as well as privacy violation that could harm a targeted individual(s).
We embrace the different backgrounds and diverse views of our community. We want to provide a platform and opportunity for users to not only share their gaming experience, but build lasting bonds with one another. We err on the side of allowing content, even when some find it objectionable, unless removing that content cant prevent real-world harm to the user. We vow to discuss and consider allowing content that otherwise violates our stands if we deem it to be newsworthy, or important to the public interest based on global and national trends.
We recognize the diverse backgrounds of our community from around the world. It's important for us, at Medal, to keep our policies broad in order to apply them consistently and fairly based on an ever-adapting global culture. Because our community standards must transcend cultural, regional, and linguistic barriers, we recognize the need for a broad but consistent standard. Because of the broadness of our policies, in some cases, and when provided with additional context, we will have to make decisions based on the spirit, as opposed to the letter, of the policy
This type of content violates our policy and is therefore not allowed on our platform.
- We do not allow people to engage in, promote, encourage, facilitate, admit to the following activities:
- Offering, solicitation or trade of;
- Goods/property or services with exchange of financial information on within Medal.
- Credentials for paid subscription services.
- Fake user reviews, or site actions.
- Counterfeit products.
- Offering or selling personally identifiable information (PII).
- Coordination of fixed better.
- Other forms of fraud and deception with the intent of depriving people of money or property such as;
- Confidence schemes, e.g; impersonation scams.
- Ponzi or pyramid schemes.
- Establishment of false business entities.
- Investment schemes.
- Any form of cyber attacks, including but not limited to DDoS attacks.
This type of content does not violate out community standards and is therefore allowed on our platform.
- Instances in which fraudulent activity is shared in an attempt condemn or raise awareness to the activity.