TABLE OF CONTENTS
Spirit of the Policy
Our Coordinating Harm and Promoting Crime Policy is designed to attempt to negate the coordination of real world harm against people and property based on the coordination or praise of the action. We understand that there may be instances in which the praise of certain real-world events may go against this policy, in which case some exceptions can be made. However, in general, we are committed to protecting members of our community whenever possible through this policy. The attempts at coordinating harm towards individuals on Medal will never be allowed. We also recognize that there are instances in which discussion around these topics may be prevalent, such as the condemnation of an act or to raise awareness. We never want to silence members of our community for speaking out against actions that we deem is 'wrong.'
Principles and Rational
In an effort to prevent and disrupt real-world harm and/or copycat behavior, we at Medal prohibit people from facilitating, organizing, promoting, or admitting to certain criminal or harmful activities targeted at people, businesses, property or animals. Medal will allow people to debate and advocate for the legality of criminal and harmful activities, as well as draw attention to harmful or criminal activity that they may witness or experience as long as they do not advocate for or coordinate harm.
The goal of our Community Standards is to encourage expression and create a safe environment. We base our policies on input from our community and from experts in fields such as technology and public safety. Our policies are also rooted in the following principles:
Safety: Safety is an essential factor in community building. At Medal, we are dedicated to removing content that encourages or causes real-world harm, including (but not limited to) physical, emotional, or financial injury as well as privacy violations that could harm a targeted individual(s).
We embrace the different backgrounds and diverse views of our community. We want to provide a platform and opportunity for users to not only share their gaming experience but build lasting bonds with one another. We err on the side of allowing content, even when some find it objectionable unless removing that content cant prevent real-world harm to the user. We vow to discuss and consider allowing content that otherwise violates our stands if we deem it to be newsworthy, or important to the public interest based on global and national trends.
We recognize the diverse backgrounds of our community from around the world. It's important for us, at Medal, to keep our policies broad in order to apply them consistently and fairly based on an ever-adapting global culture. Because our community standards must transcend cultural, regional, and linguistic barriers, we recognize the need for a broad but consistent standard. Because of the broadness of our policies, in some cases, and when provided with additional context, we will have to make decisions based on the spirit, as opposed to the letter, of the policy.
This type of content violates our policy and is therefore not allowed on our platform.
- Harm against people
- Depicting, admitting to or promoting the following when committed by your or your associates:
- Acts of physical harm against humans, including acts of domestic violence EXCEPT when shared in a redemption or defense context.
- Coordinating, including statements of intent, calls to action, representing, supporting or advocating for violence against an individual.
- Depicting, admitting to, or speaking positively about swatting.
- Content that depicts, promotes, advocates for or encourages participation in high-risk viral challenges which is defined as a challenge that can endanger the health of ones self or others.
- Harm against property
- Coordinating including statements of intent, calls to action, representing, supporting or advocacy OR depicting, admitting to or promoting the following acts committed by you or your associates.
- Coordinating, including statements of intent, calls to action, representing, supporting or advocacy OR depicting, admitting to theft.
- Voter interference
- Voter fraud, defined as, any offer to buy or sell votes with cash, gifts or bribes.
- Voter suppression, defined as;
- Misrepresentation of the dates, locations, times or methods for voting or voter registration.
- Misrepresentation of who can vote, qualifications for voting, whether a vote will be counted or what information must be provided in order to vote.
- Other misrepresentations relation to voting in an official election.
This type of content does not violate out community standards and is therefore allowed on our platform.
- Content that is raising awareness to or condemning an activity.
- Speaking positively of vandalism in a protest context.
- Admission to harm against animals, people or property when shared in a redemption or defense context.
- Text based content related to high risk viral challenges that condemn or raise awareness to the associated risk of the challenge.