Medal has a system that saves all sorts of useful information about the Clips you take on the platform. Things like the name of the game, tags, clip title, video length, etc. but local clips can start taking some space if you don't upload them to Medal and you may want to move them to another drive.
Moving clips manually can bring some issues for your local library and Medal will not have the new path for where the video files are.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Moving Clips the right way
- What if I already have moved my Clips manually?
- Error: "Either the folder doesn't exist or Medal doesn't have permission to save files there"
Moving clips the right way
- Go to Settings > Recorder > Capture Folder Location and set the new folder as the new Capture Folder Location
- After setting it up, a button called Move Clips will show up. Click it so Medal can start moving your Local Clips to the new location correctly. (do not start another recording or close Medal while it is moving your clips)
- When it has finished this procedure, check your library and see if the clips still play normally.
Please do not start any games or recordings while you are moving your Clips.
What if I already have moved my Clips manually?
Fixing this is easy! You just need to follow these steps and you should be good to go:
- Move the Clips' video files back to their older original folder.
- Set the Capture Folder Location and that older original folder (if it already isn't set to it) on Settings > Recorder > Capture Folder Location
- Restart Medal and test if the clips are playing again.
Error: "Either the folder doesn't exist or Medal doesn't have permittion to save files there"
If you have this error shown like the screenshot below, please try the following.
- Try using a Local Storage drive. Medal does not support saving Clips directly into any kind of External Drives (LAN Drives, 3rd Party Cloud Drives, Removable Devices, etc).
- Try selecting a folder that isn't named like one if its secondary Capture Folder names (.thumbnails, Clips, editor, Edits, projects, Imported, Screenshots).
- Run Medal as Admin and then try once again moving your Clips to the desired folder.
If you are still running into issues, please reach out to our Support team by making a ticket!